You just found your dream home, now decorate it! Buying a new home is exciting because it gives you a feeling of independence , so that you can decorate it any way you want. So instead of worrying about the consequences and costs of changing a rental apartment, you can now settle into one place and turn it into your dream home with these DIY resources.
DIY and Social Media
DIY (Do It Yourself) decorating is a new trend that is popular on social media because it is an affordable and creative way to decorate a home. For example, one article about DIY tips on Mashables.com has 1,600 shares on social media. Other trending sites with this type of content are Pinterest.com and Instagram.com, which focus on creative inspirations and how-to guides. However, not only is DIY popular on social media, it also can be found on professional websites and personal blogs.
Are you ready to get started? We have gathered a list of online design resources that will be useful for anyone who is ready to get started with a DIY project today!
DIY Online Resources
- DIY Blogs: DIY enthusiast always love sharing their ideas with other people online. That is why you can find some of the best DIY tips on blogs. Some blogs are even written by professional designers who provide how-to tips, step-by-step instructions, and even videos.
- Pinterest.com: Pinterest is a social media website that allows people to post images online and share them with followers. You can post them to albums or tag them with keywords and hashtags. For example, if you want to find ideas for lamp shades, search for that keyword or hashtag to view thousands of new inspirational images.
- Instagram.com: Instagram is a mobile app where users can post instant photos taken with their phones. It is very popular among interior decorators who want to share their work or find inspiration online. One of the best benefits of using this app is that it comes with filters that help you improve the quality of the image. With this DIY resource, images are easy to edit and post online in an instant!
- Online Printers: Online printers are a great resource for DIY projects because they provide quick and easy ideas that you can make by yourself with little design experience. Once you have a design, you can choose from a variety of printed projects. For example, instead of buying art for your home, you can print your design on stretched canvas. To get ideas for your DIY art piece, click here.
- Design Magazines: There are hundreds of interior design magazines that have online versions that you can access anytime for inspiration. They are created by professionals, so you can learn about the hottest trends for seasonal design ideas. Some of the best magazines are HomeDSNG.com and Dexigner.com
Feeling inspired? We would love to hear from you! Share your experience with DIY projects by commenting below.